If you would like to be able to resolve a dispute without going to court or the employment tribunal, you maybe able to achieve this by way of mediation. This is a cost effective alternative to more lengthy, costly and adversarial approaches to dispute resolution, including litigation and arbitration. For expert legal advice for your mediation needs call our mediation specilists at Taylor&Emmet on 0114 218 4065 or contact us online.
Mediation is a voluntary “without prejudice” process by which a specially trained mediator helps people in a dispute to reach an agreement to settle. The parties involved, not the mediator, decide the terms of the agreement.
We can mediate in the following:
- Building disputes
- Contentious insolvency matters
- Contractual disputes
- Partnership disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Trading disputes, including consumer issues
- Commercial agency disputes
- Intellectual property disputes
- Contentious probate disputes
- Enforcement of restrictive covenant disputes
Why use a Taylor&Emmet mediator?
Partner and head of our business services department, Rob Moore, is a fully accredited mediator. The advantages of using a mediator in commercial disputes include:
- Maintaining better relationships between the parties - if a business relationship remains an important consideration, mediation can keep you and the other side talking.
- A win-win solution - both you and the other side will benefit from having reached a settlement agreement you can both live with, having avoided an adversarial battle.
- Control - you stay in control of the outcome of your dispute rather that having the outcome decided by a judge or arbitrator. Saving time - you can organise and conclude a mediation within days rather than having to wait months or even years for a trial or final arbitration hearing.
- Costs savings - the costs of going to court or arbitration are usually extremely high. A large amount of those costs can be avoided by agreeing a settlement through mediation