Collaboration is becoming an increasingly popular way for companies to develop new products, expand into new markets and diversify their operations.
However, whilst two heads may be better than one, how do you ensure that your interests in any joint venture are protected? What happens if you need to withdraw for whatever reason? What if there is a deadlock or breakdown in in relations between the joint venture partners?
The difficulties embodied in such questions mean that clear, pragmatic legal advice based on real experience is a must when it comes to joint ventures, and creating bespoke solutions to address your needs. This is what our multidisciplinary team made up of corporate, commercial, banking, commercial property and restructuring lawyers can offer. We take a business-oriented approach to helping clients achieve their objectives whilst ensuring appropriate safeguards are put in place.
Our team regularly advises on international joint ventures, whether it’s establishing a new manufacturing base abroad or breaking into an overseas market. Getting the right local advice can be crucial to cross border joint ventures. We have the know-how and experience of working closely with overseas lawyers to ensure you receive the right co-ordinated advice from advisers on the ground in your chosen foreign jurisdiction.
We can provide a complete service, from helping you choose the right form of joint venture, the different ways in which it may be structured, through to drafting, negotiating and completing all the necessary documentation, whatever the jurisdiction and whatever the business.
We also advise upon the full range of legal issues which can arise when setting up a joint venture, including intellectual property protection and exploitation, branding, IP licensing, funding, tax considerations, employment, regulatory, competition and other commercial contract issues. We also act on restructuring and terminating joint ventures when they cease to be required or circumstances change.
Our areas of expertise include:
- Setting up joint venture vehicle (Newco, LLP or LP)
- Joint venture and collaboration agreements
- Operation agreements
- Supply of goods or services agreements
- Agency agreements
- IPR and brand licensing and assignment
- Branding, and trade and service marks
- Strategic alliance agreements or documentation
- Equipment purchase, leasing, rental or hire agreements
- Incorporated joint ventures for product development
- Joint ventures for property investors and developers
- Due diligence on potential joint venture partners
- Supply agreements
- Management agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Manufacturing agreements and licences
- IPR and technology transfer agreements
- Informal partnering agreements
- Asset transfer agreements
- Contractual joint ventures for product development
- Overseas joint ventures
- Restructuring and terminating of joint ventures