Taylor&Emmet LLP provides a dedicated, partner-led debt collection service. We offer pro-active advice and assistance, which is both cost-effective and efficient.
Our focus is on providing a seamless extension to the credit control departments of our clients. Our vastly experienced team of debt recovery solicitors can deal with the most complex debt collection matters and, if necessary, utilise the experience and expertise of solicitors in other areas such as commercial litigation and insolvency.
Our Team provides a Partner-led debt collection service, offering proactive advice and assistance which is both cost effective and efficient. Regardless of who works on your matter they will be supervised by a Partner in our Business Legal Services Department.
Our focus is on providing a seamless extension to the credit control departments of our clients, and a fixed fee solution for pre-action steps in undisputed matters.
Transparent Costs and Funding Options
Partner-led debt collection service
Matters usually take 3-4 weeks from receipt of instructions
PRICE: £300 including VAT
What is included:
- Taking your instructions and reviewing documentation:
- Preparing and sending a Letter Before Action and one chasing letter (if required); and
- Receiving payment and sending on to you, or if the debt is not paid within an agreed timescale, providing you with advice on the next steps and the likely costs.
We do not anticipate that any payments to others (known as disbursements) will be incurred in connection with the sending of a Letter Before Action on your behalf.
£300 (including VAT) is our fee where your claim is in relation to an unpaid invoice which is not disputed and enforcement action is not needed. The timescale of 3-4 weeks is subject to the other side paying promptly on receipt of our Letter Before Action and is strictly on the basis that Court proceedings do not prove to be necessary. If Court proceedings are required additional costs will be incurred (see below), and your case will take longer to conclude with, typical timeframes being:
- Small claim disputes (up to £10,000): 3-4 months up to and including final hearing;
- Fast track or Multi track cases: 6 months to 1 year up to and including trial.
What is not included
- Disputed claims for payment; or
- Claims where payment is not received within 21 days of the Letter Before Action and further action is required to recover the sum due.
In these circumstances we will provide you with a bespoke quote if any further work is required on your behalf, which will include any disbursements (such as Barrister’s fees and Court fee).