Taylor&Emmet LLP is rightly proud of its South Yorkshire roots and its proximity to the Peak District.
As one of the region’s largest employers, we recognise that we have a duty to reduce our carbon footprint. In doing so, we have identified that use of fossil fuels to run our offices and transport staff to and from work, plus our production of waste is having an adverse impact on the climate.
In a bid to improve our environmental performance, we have implemented a number of energy saving measures:
- Our Arundel Gate headquarters are fitted with ozone friendly air conditioning systems, whilst windows in the building are designed to retain maximum heat and light and reduce solar glare and reflection. Our lighting and electrical systems also comply with the very latest regulations.
- We discourage unnecessary printing to reduce the volume of paper we consume and we continue to trial the use of paper that is certified by the Forest Stewardship Council. Our purchasing policy is geared towards the use of environmentally friendly products.
- We have been involved for many years in a range of recycling schemes for computers, printer and toner cartridges and mobile telephones.
Through our staff consultative body, we regularly explore ways in which we can continue to reduce our collective impact on the environment. The issue frequently appears on meeting agendas and the staff suggestion scheme.
As part of this consultation process, the firm is committed to the following 6-point plan.
- Listen carefully to what you want us to achieve
- Be transparent and honest in all our dealings with you
- Deliver a no-nonsense solution that is both practical and cost-effective
- Always communicate with you in clear, plain English
- Nurture a friendly, but respectful relationship with you
- Always act with integrity and professionalism, in compliance with the codes of conduct established by our regulatory body, the Solicitors Regulation Authority
Our goal: to be the law firm of choice in the region.