Through our three separate subscription packages, schools can properly budget for all their on-going legal requirements and be assured they have the legal support and assistance they need. You can choose the level of legal support you need and tailor it to your budget and anticipated use. A legal support subscription package can be taken out in conjunction with our Legal Helpline.
All our packages comprise
- Inclusive hours, dedicated legal support per school year provided by a solicitor.
- If you use all the inclusive hours of your legal support, additional legal support can be purchased at a discounted fixed rate;
- One year’s free entry to our Education seminars (limited entry to two people per seminar);
- Free half yearly Education Law email updates for one year;
- Discounted rates for personal legal services for members of staff excluding employment advice.;
- Access to employment law updates on request and invitation to attend our employment law seminars.
Designed to give a flexible and cost controlled service but without any compromise on quality, each package offers an agreed level of legal support with flexibility to obtain additional advice at discounted rates. We also have a range of additional services which closely relate to the issues which you may typically face (see below).
You can choose the level of support according to your budget and anticipated use. Be reassured that you have an agreed level of support at fixed prices but with the flexibility to buy additional support at discounted rates should you need it.
Any optional extras are not automatically included in the packages but can be added on where required or provided for separately with a fixed cost given wherever possible.
Schools decide how they would use this support but it can include advice on:
- Admissions matters;
- Parental complaints;
- Governance matters;
- Special Educational Needs issues;
- Disability discrimination issues;
- Debt recovery;
- Procurement of services;
- Employment law advice.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal injury and negligence claims;
- Criminal matters;
- Barrister’s fees or disbursements;
- Damages/costs which a third party may seek to claim against a school through legal proceedings;
- Property work;
- Representation at a Panel;
- Advice on change of status to an Academy;
- Online support for HR documentation (optional extra);
- Audit of staff policies and procedures (optional extra);
- Employment tribunal insurance (optional extra);
- Employment law training for managers (optional extra).
Employment law advice includes, for example support on:
- Changing terms and conditions;
- Grievance and disciplinary investigation;
- Termination of employment
- Bullying, harassment and discrimination issues;
- Redundancies and restructure.
Whilst some legal issues are not included in the packages, we have the expertise to provide you with full support on all these issues should they be required.
If you are a member of a ‘family’ of schools, the cost of the subscription package per school will be discounted by 10% if the total number of schools in the family which has subscribed to subscription package is between 5 and 10. If over 10 schools have subscribed to a package in your ‘family’, the cost per school would be discounted by 15%.
You can choose the level of legal support you need and tailor it to your budget and anticipated use. We have a wide range of additional services which can be added to any subscription package or obtained separately as and when required:
Employment tribunal insurance – We provide cover for your legal fees, tribunal awards and settlement costs at a competitive annual premium in the event that you receive an employment tribunal case.
HR Consultancy & Payroll services - In addition to employment law advice and training by Taylor&Emmet LLP, our Solutions for Schools partners provide HR consultancy and payroll services to ensure that you get support for all your HR needs.
Occupational health referrals– We can assist in managing absence or other health issues of your employees.
Mediation services– Assistance to rescue difficult relationships before it leads to resignations or tribunal claims through a specialist coach and workplace mediator who has experience of working in the education sector.
Employment law training - Practical, fun and interactive training to help prevent employment problems developing into dipsutes and give those who will deal with the staff the confidence to manage such issues effectively.
Health & Safety advice - Our health and safety consultant has many years' experience in delivering health and safety guidance training audits and reports.
Company secretarial- All academies must have a company secretary. Company secretaries must ensure that the company complies with required financial and legal practice and maintains standards of corporate governance. We provide a full company secretarial service to ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of company law which apply to company secretaries.
Provision or review of contracts of employment and policies and procedures - All updated as and when the law changes for the duration of your contract with us.
Online service for managing your HR documentation – Through a secure web account, you can generate new contracts and access a web based interactive employment law support including step by step guidance, letters, forms and flowcharts.
Terms and Conditions
The subscription packages can be used for advice on any issue or area of law referred to within “What’s included”.
The total amount of each subscription package is payable immediately.
We will provide a fixed fee quote for additional legal support on a discounted rate. You will not incur any additional costs without your express instructions to do so.
These terms and conditions are additional to Taylor&Emmet's normal conditions.