As well as injuries caused by accidents at work and illnesses caused through work such as stress, many people suffer from industrial diseases and other medical conditions arising out of their employment. Some people suffer from allergic dermatitis from being in constant contact with an irritating substance at work, or are deaf as a result of a high level of noise from machinery. Other industrial diseases include asthma, asbestosis and repetitive strain injury (RSI).
Your employer has a duty to take steps to ensure that your health does not suffer as a result of your job. They cannot ignore any complaints or concerns you may raise about the effect of your employment on your health. They will usually be insured and their insurance company will deal with your claim. An employer is generally not entitled to sack you for bringing a claim against them arising out of an accident that was their fault. Even if you are self-employed you may be able to claim compensation if, for example, you were sub-contracted, or you were working in an area that was someone else's safety responsibility.
Our personal injury solicitors have the depth of knowledge and experience to guide you through the legal process and ensure that all parties responsible are brought into account and the appropriate level of compensation is obtained.
What can I claim?
The value of your claim will depend on a number of factors including:
- The nature of the injury or illness
- Whether your child (or you) recover fully from the injury or illness or if it has a long term effect on their health and wellbeing
- The amount of any losses you incur as a result of the injury
You can claim compensation for the following things if they are a result of your injury:
- Pain, suffering and loss of amenity
- Loss of earnings
- Medical and nursing care costs
- Special equipment needed to carry out daily activities and any costs involved in adapting your home
- Other expenses incurred as a result of your injury, for example, travel expenses incurred whilst receiving medical treatment.
Contact us to speak to one of our specialist lawyers in total confidence and they will discuss the details of your claim.
Free Advice on personal injury claims
Drop into our Dronfield branch, or call in advance for a FREE 30 minute consultation with our specialists or call 0114 218 4049.
- Injuries at work or in a road accident
- Trips or slips in public places
- Injuries to children
- Industrial diseases
- Criminal injuries
- Clinical negligence claims
Every Wednesday 5-7pm
Arrange an appointment at one of our local offices
- Client Story 1 - We recently won £4500 for a lady client arising from an accident at work
- Client Story 2 - We recently won damages for an elderly lady injured in a road traffic accident
- Client Story 3 - Mr J, the amateur athlete – award of nearly £200,000 to reflect change of lifestyle
- Client Story 4 - Mrs H is an elderly lady who was involved in a Road Traffic Accident whilst driving in the countryside